Classroom Code: vwkkcvl
MHSBB.2 - Performing on instruments, alone and with others through a varied repertoire of music.
Recognize characteristic tone quality utilizing proper embouchure, playing position, posture, breathing techniques, articulation, and appropriate percussion technique.
Demonstrate proper warm-up techniques through the use of long tones, lip slurs, chorales, and technical exercises.
Recognize the following ensemble skills through performance of musical literature: rehearsal etiquette, dynamic expression, style, blend and balance, steady tempo, rhythmic accuracy, and intonation.
Demonstrate all performance skills through “sight-reading” performance of music literature at the appropriate level.
1. I can maintain my uniform and appearance to meet high standards for performance.
2. I can be professional during rehearsals and performances.
3. I can play my instrument with proper posture.
4. I can play my music memorized when required.
5. I can play my part at a mastery level alone or in a group.
6. I can develop good practice habits to achieve mastery of all above learning targets.